Get email updates from the blog:
By Karen & Laura
October 3, 2011
We have over $1,000 in Amazon, Starbucks, & iTunes giftcards to give away!
(*and a smattering of other superfun prizes)
Follow @hearthevoice on Twitter
The Great T-shirt Giveaway
- We’ll be handing out 2,500 free t-shirts at every break during labs day, from our booth in the lobby. If there are any left, we’ll hand them out first thing on Thursday from the main Thomas Nelson booth. Make sure to get yours!
- Wear your Voice t-shirt Thursday &/or Friday.
- Be randomly spotted by one of our team & be awarded with a Starbucks or iTunes giftcard on the spot.
- We’ll also be tweeting from @hearthevoice things like, “First 5 people wearing their t-shirt to meet us at _____ will get a prize.” So stay alert! (Never fear, if technology fails, generally we’ll try to hang out around the front doors.)
Awesomely Amazing Video Contest
- Everyone will be receiving a Voice New Testament in their attendee bag! Yay!
- Film yourself (with your phone/flipcam) reading a passage from The Voice & tweet it out using hashtag #VoiceNT. Try to be creative.
- We’ll be picking winners throughout Thursday & Friday to award various prizes. There are many chances to win!
- Don’t have a video camera on your phone or laptop? Come find us, generally around the front doors, and we’ll film you. We'll also have props available!
- Prizes will be awarded throughout Thurs-Fri, so stay tuned to @hearthevoice on twitter to come claim your prize.
- We’ll be crowning our king & queen of the video contest during the last break on Friday! Besides the pride and bragging rights, you’ll have a chance to win an awesome crown/sword combo for the best video done by a male, and a tiara/wand combo for the best video done by a female. (**okay, and also a $100 Amazon giftcard each).
- Things that we may or may not take into consideration…
- If you can get a lot of RTs for your video
- How many separate videos you do
- If you wear a Voice t-shirt in the video (*but you don't have to have a Voice t-shirt)
- Some creative video ideas to get you thinking:
- Involve as many people as possible
- Get a Catalyst speaker in your video
- Use a megaphone or a “street preacher” voice
- Do your reading as a marriage proposal
- Film it in a non-Catalyst public place (a restaurant, hotel lobby)
- Consider using props
- Put it into song
Look for us – Karen & Laura. We’ll be wearing green Voice tshirts – the only ones around; yours are brown – & “Voice Prize Lady” buttons. We’ll also have candy & snacks… If technology fails, you can generally find us around the front doors of the arena.
**Video prizes are awarded solely at our discretion and based on a completely subjective system.
Karen & Laura, aka "The Voice Prize Ladies", are basically awesome. They are diehard supporters of The Voice and have kissed all self-consciousness goodbye for one fun-filled conference. You might see them schlepping around large hiking backpacks filled with random toys at Catalyst 2011. Why? Because they like giving away free, random junk all in the name of The Voice. So if you see them, stop by and say hello. You might just get a prize.
Leave a Comment
< Back to the Blog